Making Wooden Gear Clocks: 6 Cool Contraptions That Really Keep Time
Item #: 90487
Our Price $14.95
Make ingenious wooden gear clocks that actually move and keep time, with 6 step-by-step projects arranged by skill level, plus a full-size pull-out pattern pack.
Inside this book you'll find ingenious plans for creating awesome wooden machines that actually move and keep time. These working wooden wonders might just be the most enjoyable projects you ever build in your shop.
Wooden gear clocks are not only fascinating to watch, but can be surprisingly accurate timepieces. Just don't expect atomic precision—after all, they're modeled on 17th-century technology! But as you build these clocks you'll use all of the basic principles that still govern mechanical clocks today.
Making a piece of wood move is fun, but making it tell time is truly amazing!
- 7 step-by-step projects, arranged by skill level from beginner to advanced
- 6 different clocks, including a 30-Hour Gear Clock, Flying Pendulum Clock, and Electromagnetic Gear Clock, plus a bonus project for a kinetic sculpture
- Full-size pull-out pattern pack is included, attached to the book in a handy pouch
- Complete patterns, material lists, and instructions so woodworkers of any ability can successfully build a clock
- Fun, ingenious plans to make a simple wooden machine with your own two hands that actually moves and keeps time
- Handmade clocks make wonderful gifts and are popular items at arts & crafts fairs